- Hot Chocolate Bombs: Bombalicious!
What are Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Hot chocolate bombs are delicious chocolate spheres filled with chocolate milk powder and marshmallows designed to improve your hot cocoa experience. They are made to be placed at the bottom of your mug and then covered in steaming hot milk, which results in a creamy, delicious cup of hot cocoa. Because of chocolate’s versatility, there are many different designs and flavors you can experiment with when it comes to hot chocolate bombs. Consider mixing in a different type of milk, such as almond or coconut milk, for a unique treat your tastebuds will love.
How to Make a Mug of Hot Chocolate with Bombalicious
- Choose your favorite mug and ensure it’s big enough to allow your chocolate treat to last even longer!
- Drop one hot chocolate bomb into the mug.
- Pour 6 oz. of hot milk over the bomb. Choose whichever milk you’d like. Tip: for a creamier, silkier taste, Isabella’s favorite is whole milk!
- tir the milk well with a spoon to dissolve the bomb.
- Boom! You’re now ready to enjoy your Bombalicious heavenly hot chocolate drink!
Where Can You Buy Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Isabella’s gourmet Bombalicious bombs can easily and quickly be ordered right from her online store (remember, she handcrafts them here in the USA). Ordering from her online store guarantees artisan chocolate creations that come straight from Isabella’s dedicated team, and each creation comes with a European taste and classic chocolate charm you won’t find when buying from mainstream stores like Amazon, Walmart, Costco or elsewhere. Imagine buying all the BEST hot chocolate bombs you could need and want right here and now!
How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs Yourself at Home
Have a craving and want to give them a go yourself? We got you covered!
Ingredients and Tools You Will Need
- Good-quality chocolate of your choosing. We can help with this as we offer white chocolate, dark chocolate, Vegan Chocolate and milk chocolate rondos.
- Hot chocolate mix
- Food thermometer to keep track of the chocolate’s temperature, which is a must for this recipe.
- Silicone mold to create the perfect chocolate ball shape. t You can also experiment with different shaped molds if you’re feeling particularly creative! Silicone, though, is the easiest mold option for beginners.
- ¼” paintbrush. to apply the chocolate to the molds.
- Piping bag
- Parchment paper
- Sprinkles if you’d like to decorate the outside of your hot chocolate bombs.
- Labels if you’re making these for others, like as a gift. Labels provide the finishing touch whether you’re celebrating a holiday, birthday, or just want to treat the chocolate lover in your life.
- Gloves if you’d like to avoid fingerprints on your shiny chocolate finish.>
How to Make the Hot Chocolate Bombs
Step 1: Chop 24 ounces of chocolate into very fine pieces. Keep chopping until there are no big chunks left.
Step 2: Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds (no longer!).
Step 3: Stir your chocolate with a spatula, scraping any chocolate off the sides of the container and moving all chocolate to the middle.
Step 4: Place back into the microwave and heat for another 15 seconds.
Step 5: Stir again in the same way as step 3.
Step 6: Check the temperature of your chocolate, which should be no more than 90ºF.
Step 7: Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 until your chocolate is completely melted and never higher than 90ºF.
Step 8: Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and place it in the fridge for 5 minutes.
Step 9: Check that your chocolate is shiny and snaps loudly when you break it in half. If so, then it’s ready for your molds!
If not, it may have been heated too much. You can then add 6 more ounces of chocolate and stir until it’s all melted to rectify.
Placing Your Chocolate into the Mold
Step 1: Paint a thin layer of chocolate inside of the clean and residue-free mold.
Step 2: Put into the fridge for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Apply a second coat of chocolate.
Step 4: Repeat step 2.
Step 5: Release your chocolate from the mold.
Assembling Your Chocolate Bombs
Step 1: Put your first half of the sphere into something that will hold it steady. Fill about three-quarters of it with hot chocolate mix and mini-marshmallows.
Step 2: Use your piping bag to put melted chocolate onto the space that’s left.
Step 3: Clean off any excess for a seamless look.
Step 4: Roll in sprinkles or other decorations to finish.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Buying Your Hot Chocolate Bombs
Chocolate bombs are easy to make yourself but can take a lot of practice for perfection. If you would prefer to get your hands on some hot chocolate bombs hassle-free, you can buy them right here from Dallmann Confections. We’re happy to have them delivered wherever you’d like!