$500 Annual Culinary Student Scholarship offered by Dallmann
The culinary industry is an essential and fulfilling profession, and the demand for this trade is getting stronger, particularly with the rise of food tourism. Reports indicate that restaurant sales in the US have recovered to around 75% of pre-pandemic levels already, and according to Market Data Forecast, the global culinary tourism market was worth $1.3 billion in 2022 and is expected to triple by 2028. However, getting a career in the food industry demands a robust education which is why Dallmann Confections is offering an annual $500 scholarship to students working toward their goal of entering the culinary field.ESSAY SUBMIT
If you are currently enrolled (or will soon enroll) in a culinary program or related field, consider applying for the Dallmann Confections Annual Culinary Scholarship. Our scholarship is available for culinary school students, community colleges, and three-year universities. Our culinary scholarship can be the extra push that helps you accomplish or fulfill your goals!
Simply submit a 500-word essay that answers one of the three listed questions:
- What skills do you need to make chocolate? and why?
- Artisan Chocolates / Artisanal Chocolates / Gourmet Chocolates– What are they?
- What skills do you need in the culinary arts and why?
Once a year, Dallmann Confections will award a scholarship to the best culinary essay, determined by our selected panel of judges. Our judges will review your submission, and the winner will be awarded a $500 scholarship, and their essay will be published on the Dallmann Confections social media pages and website.
How to Apply for the Culinary Scholarship:
Write an original, 500-word essay that thoroughly answers one of the above three questions.
- Include your name, address, email, phone number, university or culinary school, and year of graduation in the header of your essay.
- The essay must be original and be sure to proofread for proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Name your submission file firstname.lastname.scholarship and save it as a Word Document (e.g., firstname.lastname.scholarship.doc)
- Email your completed essay as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Female Entrepreneur Scholarship” in the subject line by our annual submission deadlines: December 31st, 2025
- Our judges will review all submissions carefully and select the winning essay for each submission period by February 15, 2025.
- The winner will be notified by phone (if one is provided) and email.
Culinary Scholarship Eligibility Requirements & Fine Print:
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited trade school or university as a full-time student at the time of submission. (Dallmann Confections reserves the right to verify your enrollment status.)
- Applicants must follow all application guidelines outlined above.
- Only one entry per student per year.
- Employees of Dallmann Confections and related companies, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible to apply.
- This scholarship is open to culinary students of any nationality or citizenship.
- By entering the Culinary Scholarship Contest, you grant copyright ownership of your work to Dallmann Confections. All essay submissions become the property of Dallmann Confections and may be used whole or in part for promotional purposes.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be substituted or exchanged for other prizes.
- The decision of our judges is final.
About Dallmann Confections
Dallmann Confections is a family-run business. It is currently owned by Isabella Knack after her grandfather, Guenther Dallmann, opened a pastry shop in 1954 in St Gilgen, Austria. Dallmann’s has always focused on quality and bringing luxurious sweet treats to the people. Over time the business spread and grew until Isabella opened Dallmann Confections in 2006, with the first retail shop opening its doors to customers in 2011. Our shop in San Diego specializes in beautiful and mouth-watering artisan chocolates. Quality is guaranteed with every bite, as only the best ingredients are used.
At its heart, Dallmann Confections is about quality and service to customers. Every member of the business strives to bring joy and wonder to people around the world. We are proud to offer our annual culinary scholarship and help to spread that joy a little further. We value every essay we receive and look forward to reading them! Thank you for applying.